Saturday, July 4, 2009

In Hamburg now & still doing fine


..one clearly can say this is crazy to leave the safety of my social network behind (or: my "Support System"(as they like to say in the medical field), and move to another continent to follow a "career" that I may never have...

I am in Hamburg now, as I announced I moved back to Europe to take um a position at the "Research Institute of the Childrens Cancer Center Hamburg". Actually, I started a new blog on my "new life". Check out:


for my "New Adventures in the Old World".
Its more on the lighter side, that is, not as serious as this one. I'm still alive and that is one of my lessons learned:
Life has to be lived. Nevertheless. Hope I have a future. Four years progression-free is good, but I don't think there is, statistically, speaking, a "safe endpoint"with gliomas.
Once a cancer patient, always a cancer patient. But, regardless of this, after a while one becomes a "cancer survivor" YEAH!!!!!

I'll keep this going though, also depending on my development. But of course I'd rather spend more time "on the light side" and act like a normal, healthy person.


Take care and lots of love!

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment